The Income Management Team is responsible for ensuring that all tenants are clear about their responsibilities in relation to paying their rent. We are keen to discuss the many options available for paying rent and also to give help and advice around claims for benefits; particularly Housing Benefit. We regularly check rent accounts, and take appropriate action regarding rent arrears. At all stages in the Arrears Procedure we are keen to discuss the situation and work with our tenants to agree affordable repayments to resolve the situation. We also work alongside Impact's Money Matters Service which provides debt and welfare benefit advice, and puts tenants in touch with specialist organisations who can provide help and support.
The role of this specialist dedicated team is to deliver a wide range of services to customers, which include:
- The monitoring of rent and service charge accounts
- Maximinsing rent and services charge income
- Offering a wide range of payment options to ensure that rent and service charges can be made using a customers preferred method of payment with the least inconvenience.
- The posting of all payments received to the correct accounts
- Providing advice and support to customers who may be experiencing financial hardship and finding it difficult to maintain payments
- Ensuring that customers know about all the benefits they may be entitled to and assisting and supporting customers to claim all relevant benefits
- Assisting with money advice and advising on debt, to ensure that where customers have fallen into arrears with their rent and service payments, manageable and mutually agreed payment arrangements can be set up and maintained
Pursuing debt recovery or possession through the County Court process in extreme cases where payments have not being made, and all reasonable efforts to reduce arrears have failed.
Income Management Team Information
Advice and Support
If you are having any difficulties paying your rent or any outstanding arrears please call the Income Management Team on 03448 736290 (select Option 3), or the Money Matters Service on 01228 633632