Young People, Abbots Bank, Penrith
Our shared house in Penrith can accommodate 8 young people between the ages of 16-25. Each young person has their own en-suite bed-sitting room which includes a fridge, kettle, bedroom furniture, curtains and bedding. The house has a communal living room with TV and internet access, and a kitchen and laundry facilities are also provided.
Living in Abbots Bank, connects you to Eden Rural Foyer and all the facilities at Eden Rural Foyer including our Cyber Café, are free for you to use. The café is a place where you can relax, or, a place where you can get work done – researching, emailing, social networking.
We have a team of dedicated, experienced Independent Living Workers and Night Workers on site who assist residents to maintain their tenancies, and focus on their talents and aspirations. Whilst staying with us, the young people will have a first class experience of flexible and personalised support that they control and decide—which in turn will lead them to thrive and achieve.
Our Offer to You
- You will be allocated a ‘core’ Independent Living Worker who will help you draft a personal Positive Plan capturing your own goals and aspirations.
- You will also work other Independent Living Worker ‘s who will support you with specific goals and interests that are important to you.
- Our accommodation and support that is tailored to your needs. You will be encouraged and inspired to recognise your strengths and abilities and to use those to plan your future.
- We offer opportunities to access services which will help you with the practical aspects of your tenancy and your health and well-being including social activities, training and employment.
- As part of your Positive Plan we will consider your housing options for the future.
Your Offer to Us
- We ask that you are committed to developing your skills and making the most of your opportunities.
- You are expected to meet with us and take responsibility for your own success.
To refer to Abbots Bank accommodation for young people, click on the referral form link below