Equality & Diversity
Impact Housing Association is committed to improving equality of opportunity and diversity within our organisation. Our policy and action plan for 2013/2014 can be viewed by clicking on the pdf documents opposite.
Key Achievements regarding Equality and Diversity over the last 12 months
- Completing the action plan from the Choice Based Lettings system review to improve accessibility and ensure service users understand the process.
- Neighbourhood Management have met with the 500 most ‘at risk’ tenants due to the welfare reform changes. From this we have explained the affect the reform will have on them and explored options with them to lessen the impact.
- Supporting 3 young people to develop employability skills through Modern Apprenticeships. We have increased the number of young people working for Impact significantly over the last 3 years, mainly due to apprenticeships. 9% of our staff are now under 25 years of age.
- 98% satisfaction rate noted for customer satisfaction with contractors following survey work carried out. This is excellent news because we can see our contractors have due regard for diversity and have followed any requests we have made to them with regard to the vulnerability data we hold regarding our tenants.
- Launched a new phone system with improved accessibility.
- We have developed Valued Behaviours to ensure we attract and employ people who live the values of our organisation.
- We have been re-accredited with the Investors in People Gold Award with a significantly higher score then we have previously achieved. Part of Investors criteria is ensuring a fair and equitable work environment with a culture of respecting diversity.